Tuesday, January 18, 2011

~sometimes you just need a break, so take one~

With all of my great intentions for a run in this BEAUTIFUL weather today (it's supposed to be cold again tomorrow), I didn't get to it.  First, life happened and I had to go to the bank to deal with the theft of my debit card number  :-/  That took about 45 minutes longer than I had anticipated.  Then to be quite honest, the dead lifts I did yesterday (and probably the long walk as well) have left me quite sore.  Dead lifts are a great exercise to really kick some booty.  I highly recommend them for the backs of our legs, booty and even back.  But be careful, you do not realize how hard you are working until you cannot move the next day.  So a protein shake and a warm bath in place of my glorious run was what I opted for.  I am also using my handy dandy roller stick to work out the lactic acid from my hamstrings.  The soreness will still be with me tomorrow as frequently you are more sore the second day, but upper body it will be.
My hope is that one day I will see my progress instead of just feel it ~ do you ever feel that way too?


PS.  it is 8:37 pm, so drink some water instead of heading for the fridge or pantry!!
On to watch The Biggest Loser!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment